Due to current health and safety measures related to COVID-19, “pop-up” gatherings are being held outdoors in place of our usual programming.
Confirmation will be held in 2021.
Community Protection Program
The purpose of the Community Protection Program (CPP) is to protect children, youth, and endangered adults from abuse. Rooted in written policy, and under the oversight of Session (DPC governing body), essential tenets of the CPP include:
- Compliance with state and federal laws regarding abuse protection
- State and federal clearances for staff and volunteers, repeated every 5 years
- Standards of Conduct, as well as Best Practices specific to each area of ministry
- Mandatory reporting of abuse or suspected abuse to state authorities
- Ongoing training of staff and volunteers on abuse awareness, as well as their responsibilities under the CPP
Outside organizations that use DPC facilities are required to implement a program similar to the CPP, which complies with all state and federal laws. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to get involved in our youth program, CPP is the first step. Please contact us for the next CPP training dates.
DPC In Action
October 20, 2021